Thursday 4 July 2013

an Estée Lauder haul

A few weeks ago I headed over to my local Boots and decided to treat myself (the free gift offer may not be valid anymore, sorry!) I've been lusting after these items for a while, here's what I picked up!


I fell in love with this scent the first time I smelt it a while back. Bronze Goddess is a limited edition fragrance by Estée Lauder released in summer time. Imagine capturing your favourite holidays in a bottle. Every time I spray this perfume I'm suddenly taken back to laying on a beach in the scorching sun drinking a cocktail (or two). With top notes of sweet tangerine and provencal lavender flowers this scent is guaranteed to make you feel like you're on holiday even if you haven't booked one this year!



After months of deciding what foundation to try out next, I went for the notoriously popular and much loved double wear. I love a good coverage foundation as I'm not 100% confident with a sheer tint on my skin. I defiantly feel like me with a heavy coverage foundation and it's something that I personally really like. It's not thick or heavy and my skin doesn't feel/look cakey. It's oil free too which means I can get away with not powdering or touching up my make up during the day. The best thing of all? This bad boy stays put! Basically, it does what it says on the.. uhmm.. tin and I love it. This is my everyday foundation at the moment, I work it onto my skin with my Real Techniques buffing brush.



If you bought two items from the Estée Lauder counter at Boots you received a very generous free gift! I was totally unaware of this so it was defiantly a lovely surprise! My goodies came in a beautiful make up bag which I'm currently using at the moment, it's such a good quality make up bag, big enough for all my everyday make up. The little eyeshadow palette is adorable and has a good mix of neutrals and colour. I've been wearing the mascara everyday since I bought it, and the lipstick is gorgeous, such a pretty pink shade that is so moisturising, I've gotten quite a few compliments when wearing it. I was really excited to see that the Advanced Night Repair serum and eye cream was thrown in too! I've wanted to try some Estée Lauder skincare out for a while now, I'll be taking those and the tub of DayWear on holiday with me this year! They're the perfect size and I've heard DayWear SPF 15 creme is a must when on holiday! So thank you Estée Lauder, I'm a very happy girl with all of my purchases and will be returning to the Boots counter again as the customer service by the lovely lady (sorry I forgot to get her name) was the cherry on top.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh the bronze goddess has had so many reviews- I REALLY want to find it so I can smell what it looks like! you seem to have picked up some "beautiful" looking products, bet you can't wait to try them all out x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'd definitely recommend the scent, perfect for summer and will put a smile on your face. i hope you manage to find it as my local boots only had 4 left! xx

      Delete