Monday 13 May 2013

MAYBELLINE GREAT LASH MASCARA

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black - £4.99

I bought this mascara on a whim on a recent shopping trip the other day. I haven't bought a new mascara in months and thought I'd pick one up. After spending a good ten minutes confused and dazed at all the drug store mascaras, I picked up Maybelline's great lash in blackest black. I think the bright green and pink packaging won me over. I'm a sucker for packaging. The product itself promises to ''create perfectly defined lashes with a clean, separate finish. A lash building brush for fuller and longer lashes with no clumps or globs.''


When I applied it for the first time I was pleasantly surprised. The small and delicate brush makes application very easy, I was able to reach lashes on my inner corner with ease, which really helped open my eyes up and make my eyes look brighter and bigger! I really love the way this mascara separates and elongates the eyelashes rather than sticking them together with huge clumps. The mascara is a true black with a matte finish. The staying power is pretty amazing, lasting a good eight hours plus. I didn't really notice any major smudging, bearing in mind this mascara isn't waterproof. The thing I love most about this product though, is how build-able it is. The picture of the close up of my eye is two coats. Two coats of mascara can usually clump together and look too much but I find this mascara builds up volume and length in the most natural looking way possible. If you're looking for a mascara that is pigmented, volumising, lengthening and non clumpy and under five pounds - then this is it! Have you tried this mascara out? What's your holy grail mascara?

4 comments:

  1. I need to try this, I really hate They're Real!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's only £3.99 in boots at the moment!

      Delete
  2. I love this mascara my mum always uses it too! she swears by it haha, your eyes look amazing xx

    www.krystelcouture.com
    GLAMGLOW GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete