Thursday 16 May 2013

WHAT'S IN MY TRAVEL MAKE UP BAG?


If you follow me on twitter you'll probably know i'm off to Holland for a couple of days. I leave on friday and for me, one of the most stressful things about travelling is choosing what make up to bring! I have so many every day essentials so it can be difficult to decide what will be most useful whilst i'm away. After hours of huffing and puffing, packing and repacking, i've come to a happy conclusion and thought i'd share with you what i'm bringing! 


The foundations:
I've chosen my foundations for the trip very carefully. I want something light, moisturising and natural looking which is exactly what illasmasqua skin base and MAC face and body does! However on the evenings I like to have a bit more coverage and want my face to be a bit more dolled up! Both of these foundations are brilliant for providing a natural, light base but don't be fooled, these bad boys are build able and they're my secret weapon. you can layer these foundations to build up maximum coverage without it looking cakey or heavy. Perfect for travelling. 


Concealer/powders:
The only concealer i'm taking is my trusty MAC studio finish, it covers everything from under eye circles to blemishes plus it's tiny and won't take up much room! To set my under eye concealer i'm using ben nye banana powder (made famous when kim kardashian's make up artist let slip it's the secret to her incredible highlighting) which transforms my face, it just really enhances the highlighted areas and keeps everything matte. I'll also be taking my MAC MSF natural which can be buffed into the skin with a buffing brush and used as a foundation or simply to set the foundation you're already wearing. 


Eyebrows:
I'll be using a spoolie to comb my brows and then filling them in with the real techniques brow brush and using urban decay naked eyeshadow if i want a light brow, or MAC's charcoal brown if i want a darker, defined brow.


Highlighter/Blush:
MAC's cream colour base in pearl is my favourite highlighter at the moment. I blend it onto the top of my cheekbone with my ring finger and it just finishes the face, giving a natural, dewy highlight. I'm taking NARS orgasm blush as it's a lovely summery colour and really gives a nice flush colour to my face.


Lips:
I'll use lush's bubblegum lip scrub to exfoliate my lips and use carmex (not pictured) to moisturise. The colours i'm taking are lush lipstick in power, chanel levres scintillantes glossimer in 196, MAC's saigon summer lipstick and angel.

If you want to know what mascara i'm taking then read my last post, I didn't photograph the brushes i'll be taking as i'm currently deep cleaning them! See you when I'm back! x

No comments:

Post a Comment